- Re-issue of the authoritative reference work on Maori voyaging canoes
- Collects all published information on the topic into one volume
- Essential item for libraries of New Zealand history
- Attractive design with maps for easy reference
- Includes special sections on Maui’s and Rata’s waka
Finally back in print after more than ﬁve years, this is the essential reference work to the traditions of Maori canoes that voyaged to New Zealand – including lists of the waka, names of crew members and vessels, karakia and waiata, and maps. A must for lovers of history, students of Maori and nautical enthusiasts.
This is the second in a programme of short-run reissues of important New Zealand books by Libro International.
Jeff Evans is a writer and photographer who works for leading clients in New Zealand and overseas. An authority on Maori canoes, Jeff is also the author of Waka Taua: The Maori War Canoe, The Discovery of Aotearoa and Maori Weapons in Pre-European New Zealand, and editor of Elsdon Best’s Notes on the Art of War. Jeff lives in Waitakere City.
- Jeff is available for media opportunities or marketing support; check www.jeffevans.co.nz or contact Jeff on
027 2161400 or firstname.lastname@example.org